Whether you are an individual wanting a visa or citizenship to Australia, or a business wanting to sponsor non-citizen employees, at the heart of Visa & Citizenship Lawyer’s purpose is to create immigration solutions. We place a real emphasis on valuing our client’s long-term goals so that you are happy with the outcome not just now, but into the future. ‘Opening Australia’ is our purpose and our reward.
Let's start with a list of some of the benefits of living in Australia:
- Voted best cities in the world - According to the annual Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2019 rankings, Australian cities - Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide are within the top 10 most liveable cities in the world.
- Multiculturalism - Australia is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. This makes Australia a much easier place to make friends than other countries. It also means you will find the people interested in you and your culture.
- Safe country - Australia is a safe and peaceful place to live. Compared to other countries, Australia has a very low crime rate and strict gun control laws.
- Low population density - Roughly the size of the USA, Australia has a low density population with only 25 million people. This means your living spaces are generally larger and the quality of your life higher.
- Job opportunities - Australia has better job opportunities than many other developed countries. There are work opportunities in many industries.
- Great education- Australia has 7 of the top 100 universities in the world. This education is recognised in many places outside of Australia.
- Democracy - Australia is a democracy that like America embraces the individual right to pursue happiness.
- Personal freedom - There is equality in sex, race, sexual preference etc.
- Healthcare - Australia has free public healthcare.
- Social welfare - If citizens encounter hard times or bad luck then the Australian government provides money to help you back on track.
- Economic climate - Australia currently is the world's 13th largest economy. Australia also has a high minimum wage and a great standard of living.
- Public transport - All Australian capital cities have great public transport.
- Climate - Australia enjoys great weather all year round.
- Nature, wildlife & destinations - Australia is truly a spectacular country with amazing natural beauty, wildlife and some of the best holiday destinations in the world ranging from the Great Barrier Reef to mountains and ski fields, to incredible city beaches.
- Fresh air & water - Australia experiences some of the cleanest air to breathe in the world & you can drink water from the tap!
Australian Immigration Program
Every person who is in Australia and who is not an Australian citizen is required to hold a visa.
Nearly half (49%) of Australians were born overseas or one or both of their parents were born overseas.
The Australian visa program is overseen by the Department of Home Affairs and you can find general information about visas on their website
The Australian visa program is an ever changing and complex area of law that is heavily influenced by the government in power of the day.
Visa & Citizenship Lawyers helps individuals and businesses navigate the complex visa system by tailoring solutions to your individual needs.
No matter where you are globally located, speak to one of our immigration lawyers.
Select from the below options what you would like to learn more about.
- Work Sponsored Visas
- Partner Visas
- Same Sex Partner Visas
- Other Family visas
- GSM visas (Work visas that use the skilled points test)
- Business & Investment Visas
- Student & Graduate visas
- Protection Visas
- Other Visas
Other Immigration Matters: